Monday, November 20, 2017

“staircase” 2017

I haven’t made anything in a long time
It may be because I’m not making it for anyone/I know I’m the only one who will see it/
What’s with all these people not signaling/you’re not King Arthur

I still stop in at the jewelers, to see how they’re doing
I think about knocking on your apartment door, or throwing rocks at your window
I notice more white cars, and always look for you driving
(I keep seeing things that aren’t really there: mountains / cars)

My eyes are burning;
Writing with the ink from my heart;
I’m just another boy with brown hair;
No time to fool around;

Sometimes I think we are meant for each other;
Other times I think of how life was in the 1950’s:

I watched a documentary about a lady called Dorothea Lange, she took a lot of black and white photographs. Documentary style photography is quite possibly my favorite form of photography. You don’t ask the subject to smile, they may not even know the photo’s been taken. You just take it as you see it happen, you just kinda know when you see a potential good shot. She took a lot of photos of people in the Midwest who suffered from the Great Depression- came over to California. The photos conveyed a very strong message to the public because no one knew who they were, but you could see their sadness. 
Who were all of these faces?
What’re their stories?
It really made me think about how different things were back then. Almost seems like an eternity ago, doesn’t seem real. A lot of things that mattered back then possibly wouldn’t matter now (and a lot of things that matter now certainly wouldn’t matter back then).



SHRI MATA VAISHNO DEVI SHRINE BOARD 2008

2/7

No comments:

Post a Comment